The competition in JEE has reached an altogether new level with the coaching industry booming up and so, it becomes important to make a wise choice of books in order to utilize your time maximally. Choosing the right books for JEE Mains and JEE Advanced 2018 will provide the correct direction to your JEE preparation.
Here’s a list of books which teachers and academicians have vouched for over the years. What more can you expect in this article? Well, a list of books subject wise! And we have kept the content concise and comprehensive for your benefit.
Mathematics books for JEE Exams:-
- and – people tend to underestimate the school level books. But these are the ones that will build your foundation.
- by Amit Agarwal – the best book for integral calculus for any competitive exam
- by SK Goyal – indeed a great book for Coordinate geometry. Its subjective problems are excellent
- by Amit Agarwal – the best book for differential calculus for any competitive exam
- – I would say that this is the best book for JEE when it comes to problems. The algebra section is the best in this book.
Chemistry books for JEE Exams:-
- – this is the BEST possible book for organic chemistry. DON’T buy OP Tondon organic chemistry. Many aspirants buy random books and then the book says something in 1 chapter and something contradicting in the other chapter. If you trust me, buy this book and see the magic of organic chemistry.
- by OP Tondon – the best book for physical chemistry for any competitive exam
- – the best book for physical chemistry for problems
- – you must read this book once if you are appearing for JEE. This is the so called “HC Verma” of organic chemistry
- – a great book for inorganic chemistry. This book will teach you how to understand the subject rather than cramming it
Physics books for JEE Exams:-
- Concepts of Physics and – arguably the best book for beginners
- by IE Irodov – buy this book if you want some challenge
- – a great book for theory and non trivial problems
- – the best book for rankers
- by DC Pandey
Having said that, you must also do for any topic in any subject is go through the NCERT chapter. This is exclusive of my disclaimer above and I would strongly recommend that you do the NCERTs irrespective what your teachers say. NCERT textbooks are written by a team of author’s who are all experts in their area.