What is B.Arch?
Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) is a well-known undergraduate bachelor’s degree programme of Architecture. Architecture is the art of planning, designing, and constructing buildings and other physical structures.You can become an Architect after completing B.Arch education. Architects are the actual creators of amazing buildings and structures that exist in our surroundings. Architect concentrates how to make people living simple and comfortable ranging from middle class to upper class & provide them shelter and housing with luxury and style.
JEE Main Paper 2 is a widely known exam among B.Arch Aspirants. Every year nearly 1.5 lakh candidates appear in this exam. JEE Main Paper 2 is scheduled for April 8, 2019 in 112 exam centers in India and abroad.
The registration window for JEE Main 2019 April Session has been start from February 8. Candidates can submit their applications till March 7.
JEE Main Paper 2 Syllabus
If you are desiring to get admission in B.Arch through JEE Main, you need to mind map the prescribed syllabus for result-oriented preparation. There are no changes in the JEE Main Exam Syllabus in 2019. The Syllabus will remain same as it was in 2018.
1. Maths: Relations and Functions; Sets, Complex Numbers, Matrices and Determinants; Quadratic Equations; Permutations and Combinations; Sequences and Series, Induction, Simple Applications of Binomial Theorem, Integral Calculus, Limit and Continuity, Differentiability, Differential Equation, Co-ordinate Geometry; Vector Algebra, Three Dimensional Geometry; Trigonometry, Statistics and Probability and Mathematical Reasoning.
2. Aptitude Test: Texture related Architecture, Awareness of build-environment, materials, objects, 3D objects visualizing from 2 D drawings, 3D objects visualization, mental ability and analytical reasoning.
3. Drawing Test: 3 D observation, building elements and forms, colour texture, contrast and harmony, Drawing and Design of abstract or geometrical patterns and shapes in pencil, elevations and 3D views of objects, creating 2 D and 3 D compositions using given shapes and sketching of activities and scenes.
Tips for JEE Main Paper 2:
- For maths, take normal JEE level maths coaching as you would do for paper 1. I personally saw that paper 2 maths was easier than paper 1 maths.
- For your drawing part, learn to draw dynamic 2D compositions, and most importantly 3D compositions with effect of light and shadow. You should work out on 1 point and 2 point perspective. You should be able to mirror an image or enlarge it to double it’s size. Bird’s eye view and worm’s eye view can also come but chances are low. Anyone with average drawing skills can easily get about 40+ in drawing part.
- For Architectursl aptitude, buy Arihant Self Study guide for B. Arch. They won’t put up questions beyond that. That’s the simplest part. Even aesthetic ability questions can be found in the same book. You can easily score 180 in aptitude if you study that book thoroughly for a month. That’s enough.
- Solve enough sample papers and previous years’ tests to develop pace and practice. You can even take online mock tests for practice.
Scope of Architecture
The best part of being an architect is that you can be anything.
After graduation the usual path:
- You can join architectural firms and work on architecture projects.
- Join infrastructure firms as an architect.
- Be a free lance interior designer if you like it ( wouldn’t suggest this though, always get some experience first)
Something offbeat which need your love for architecture:
- Be a conservationist architect and work on conservation of heritage projects . Need a lot of training for this.
- Work with NGOs developing architectural solutions to real issues.
- Be an architectural photographer. All you need is a good camera and how to use ‘Rule of Thirds’.
- If you have good writing skills you can be an architectural journalist covering projects throughout the world. Very less scope in India as of now, mostly with architectural magazines.
- Many architects also become graphic designers.
- You can design furnitures of your own and have a studio.
- Be an exhibition designer.Be a set designer in movies.