President of India, Ram Nath Kovind has officially tweeted the sad news of Manohar Parrikar death.
Extremely sorry to hear of the passing of Shri Manohar Parrikar, Chief Minister of Goa, after an illness borne with fortitude and dignity. An epitome of integrity and dedication in public life, his service to the people of Goa and of India will not be forgotten #PresidentKovind
— President of India (@rashtrapatibhvn) March 17, 2019
Manohar Gopalkrishna Prabhu Parrikar (13 December 1955 – 17 March 2019) was an Indian politician and leader of Bhartiya Janta Party who had been Cheif Minister of Goa since 14 March 2017. These things or qualities of Manohar Parrikar will always made him special and unforgettable.
- Manohar Parrikar was more like a common man with his signature look, half sleeve bush shirt, creased trouser and simple footwear.
- Even though he was Defence Minister of India, Chief Minister of Goa, still he didn’t took government benefits. He lived in his own house. Used his Innova Car which was allotted as a leader of opposition instead of fanceir SUV.
- He used to travel in economy class, travelled in local trains, between common man.
- He was having a simple lifestyle, used to celebrate little things in common restaurants.
- A workaholic even at 62, Manohar Parrikar was known for working 16–18 hours every day.
- He use to spend most time with soldiers during his duration as a Defence Minister of India.
- Even during his last days, when he was unwell he stood like a true fighter. Inspected Goa bridge with a tube in his nose.
We lost one of the most humblest and hard working Chief minister. He never kept any file on pending. As a defense minister he valued very soldiers life. He was the one who used to stand in queues and used public transport. The way he worked for the country and GOA still his last breath will always inspire us. May God gives peace to his soul.