Message of CISTHETA after Surat Fire Accident

Twenty-two students, including 18 girls, of an art and craft coaching institute died in a massive blaze in the four-storeyed Takshashila Complex in Surat on 24th of May. You can’t be more sad than by watching students jumping from building. Whole India is praying for them and their families after this incident. And after this incident, the Govt. of Gujarat has arrested the owner of building and two persons who were on the run in connection with the devastating fire. All the municipalities and corporations of Gujarat have formed 713 teams to identify such buildings.

But, I just want to know, all these steps taken after tragedy was enough. Let me tell you a incident first, many years ago, there a-big fire at a five-star hotel (J. P. Hotel) in upscale Vasant Vihar. But the Japanese and Americans guests at the hotel survived. Why? Because they put wet towels under the doors so that no smoke enters their rooms.

 

They put wet handkerchiefs on their face and lay on the floor, as the smoke moved up. Most deaths are caused because of smoke inhalation, not fire. Most Indians in the building jumped out of their windows and many died. The critical difference has to do with training. General public should be made aware of what to do and how to behave in case of fire.

So, hope you understand what I want to say. Don’t be happy by seeing all the news of arresting of people who were responsible in surat fire accident. Be Alert, be vigilant and share this article as much as you can, so the people and government become aware!