I have come across some people (common Cricket viewers) who don’t like MS Dhoni at all. They hate him and criticize him. According to many of them, he is the lucky one who got on a team that has many match-winners. He doesn’t contribute much (except some matches), he just shows off. But when I look at Dhoni’s record, he has been playing very well and he is a fine wicket-keeper (as compared to earlier ones) with a good batting average in ODI Cricket.
Now lets take a look Why MS Dhoni has lot of Haters in his own Country?
Myth#1: Dhoni ended the career of Sehwag, Gambhir and other Seniors.
Myth#2: Only Ganguly gave chance to youngsters, Dhoni never developed any young talent:MS Dhoni with Mohammed Shami, Raina,Rahane and Dhawan.
Myth#3: Dhoni came up the order in the world cup final and stole credit from Yuvraj.
Myth#4: Dhoni lost too many tests overseas. He is a poor test captain.
Beside all these myths , there are some facts that you know about Dhoni and may be as a hater , you don’t accept it.
- The greatest captain India has ever produced in limited overs cricket ( I quite frankly believe he was not a great captain in tests )
- His journey from being a boy from a small town to captain India to various glories inspires people. The way he has evolved into an icon of Indian cricket.
- The sheer number of matches he has won for us batting selflessly lower down the order , he never played for personal laurels ,he was a perfect team man.complete no-nonsense cricketer .
- His attitude- when the team wins he never takes the centre stage , you ll never see him holding the trophy or standing in middle in the group photos. At the same time he owns up and takes responsibility when the team loses.
- The way he answers those difficult questions in the media , captain cool indeed.
Dhoni has that audacity to make his decisions correct and hence India has won all major ICC Trophies under his Captaincy.If you also hate dhoni because of some stupid myths , so give me the answer of only one question.