As we all know, the results of both JEE exams (Mains and Advanced) has been declared and now the JEE Aspirants has to go through counselling. Many students find it difficult to how to choose a better college and branch. Therefore, cistheta has arrived with some facts and points which helps you to choose a better college and branch.
TIER WISE RANKINGS OF PRESTIGIOUS COLLEGES:-
(A). IIT B, IIT D, IIT M, IIT K IIT KGP
(B). IIT G, IIT R, BITS Pilani, IIIT H, IIT BHU, IIT HYD.
(C). NIT T, NIT SURATHKAL, NIT WARANGAL, 2008 IITs (EXCEPT HYD), BITS GOA
(D). 2016 IITs, NIT ALLAHABAD, NIT ROURKELA, IIIT ALLAHABAD, BITS HYDERABAD, NIT JAIPUR, NIT CALICUT, NIT SURAT, NIT KURUKSHETRA, IIIT D, IIIT B, DTU, NSIT.
(E). Tier 2 NITs, IIEST, IIIT M, IIIT DM.
(F). Tier 3 NITs, GFTIs and rest of IIITs.
1. If you are not very inclined towards a specific subject and want to do further studies or CAT blindly go for anything in A.
2. If you are more towards placements, CSE/EE in B is preferred over mech /chem /civil in A ie. If you are getting CSE/EE at ONE tier down go for it but prefer mech/chem/civil rather than going two tiers down.(example mech at IIT D should be preferred over CSE at NIT T.)
3. There is huge difference in culture/crowd in tier A,B,C. In close calls prefer upper tier instead of branch while choosing among these.
4. There is not much difference in tier DEF. Prefer branch in close calls while choosing among these.
5. For different college/branch combination in same tier you should not follow trend. Rather talk to seniors of specific college and make a decision.
1. Don’t go for CS blindly. It’s a difficult course most of you won’t find it very interesting.
2. IF placements is all you want remember There are 3 branches only CSE EE/ECE and IT.
3. College crowd and culture matters a lot as well.
4. It is difficult to change branch in IITs and NITs.
5. Average package is the worst way of comparing colleges.
Originally written by Vikash Kumar Agrawal.